Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I'm so happy

I have a friend who wrote a book entitled "How We Choose To Be Happy." He basically talks about how happy people have a certain set of traits that makes and keeps them happy ... 9 traits (domains) to be exact. One of them is gratitude: being grateful for what you already have. Well since I've been re-reading his book and blogging more frequently now, I've noticed that a good deal of what I blog about are things that are problematic.

This is my standard (and I perceive most people's) way of communicating. You don't need help or to express things that are going extremely well. You just enjoy the experience. Yon only need to express things that are problematic and causing difficulties. That's how you get help with those things and push on them and figure them out.

Well, today, I thought, I'd be happy and really focus on what I'm grateful for, so here's my list:

* People who spend the time to really connect with me
* An inquisitive mind
* Being healthy, and getting healthier every day
* Peers (everyone from sage's in books to children to colleagues to personal relationships) that let me learn to see the world from a different perspective
* Being and giving love, in all it's states: Personally, professionally, emotionally, parentally
* Creativity in all forms: musical, literary, business, technological
* Technology: It's present state, my understanding, my skills
* Spirituality and the ability to be open to new ideas

That's a bunch, and I'm sure there are hundreds inside each of those categories; and I am grateful for each and every one.

What are you grateful for?

See you on the wire.

- Steven

No comments:

Ratings by outbrain

wibiya widget