Sunday, November 6, 2011

All or Nothing

Have you ever loved some-thing. some-one, some-idea so much but couldn't quite get there?

I'm not talking about commitment. Commitment is different than getting there.  Commitment is about forever, and if you know anything about me, I'm not sure I completely buy into the "from now on, forever lasting" thing.

Getting there means passion.  It means belief.  It means risking.  Getting there means going 100 mph.  Not 10 or 20, but 100 mph.  Going all the way.  Getting engaged.  Getting passionate.  That's what it takes to really make a difference; in your life or anywhere else.

If you know me at all, you know I'm kinda an All or Nothing person.  Either I want to do something with every fiber of my being or I'm out.  Not really much in between.  It's the quote from the movie The Shawshank Redemption: "Get busy living, or get busy dying."  That's me, either I'm falling in love or falling out of love.  Don't spend much time kinda, sorta, doing things.

The middle, the thinking about it, the kinda, sorta doing things gets you nowhere while you think you are actually moving.  The middle lets you stay in the pretty lie and believe you are doing something that counts when in reality you're not going anywhere.  You're not staying, you're not leaving, you're just pretending.

So here's my question: "What idea do you know you absolutely dream about but you're not 100% passionate about every day?"  "Who do you desperately love but don't express it fully?" "Where do you want to go: emotionally, physically, spiritually, that you haven't let go to yet?"

Get passionate.  There is no other choice if you want to make a mark on yourself and on others.

Here's my challenge to you.  Find that one thing, the one person, that one idea that you know you could be crazy passionate about, and just for this week, get there: be passionate, be 100 mph, be ALL.  Be passionate EVERY SINGLE DAY.  Don't let the world get in your way. And see how far your passion, your ALL takes you.

See you on the wire

-- Steven Cardinale

No comments:

Ratings by outbrain

wibiya widget