Saturday, October 1, 2011

I'm not living without you


And I'm Telling You I'm Not Going

And I'm Telling You I'm Not Going

I just heard Jennifer Hudson sing "And I'm Telling You I'm Not Going" from the Dreamgirls soundtrack. What an amazing song and passionate performance. And it made me wonder:

Have you ever felt so strongly that you can't live without something? Had a passion burn so hot in your core that you can't live without
  • That someone?
  • That someplace?
  • That something?
Who, where, what do you crave? Is there some-one that makes you burn? Is there some-place that you need to go (not just a physical place)?  Is there some-thing you can't wait to do?

What can't you ... won't you ... refuse to ... live without?  Like Jennifer sings "I'm not living without you;" having an intense flame inside that you can't live without, that your life would be duller without, is a powerful draw to action. We all need more than a like, we need a want.  Not something that will define us, something that creates our character, but a beacon that pulls us towards brilliance.

So here's my question: "If you remember one thing as the years roll on, what one person, place or thing will you miss if you live without it?"

It's a tough question because maybe what you WON'T live without is the exact thing that you ARE missing.

So here's the challenge: Fixate on some-one, some-place, some-thing that is worth living with, and do whatever it takes to pull it into your life. Maybe you have to obsess about it.  Maybe you'll have to risk to experience it even for a moment. Maybe it's scary to really think you can have it. But be daring, take a chance, and get into your heart the one moment that's worth not living without.

See you on the wire

-- Steven Cardinale

No comments:

Ratings by outbrain

wibiya widget