Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Noise In My Head

I have a new favorite band and song: Florence + The Machine - Drumming Song.  Play the video and listen to this song while you read this blog.

It's a very powerful song that poured itself directly into my consciousness tonight.  A song that filled me with the thought of the noise in my head.  The idea that my head is filled with a drumming, a desire to do something amazing, a noise that refuses to be silent until I am living this passion.

The movie Inception spoke about an idea (quotes are here). An idea that will possess you. An idea that will come to change everything. An idea that like a virus is resilient, highly contagious, and with the smallest seed can grow to define you.  Seth Godin talks about this in his book "Unleashing the Ideavirus". And this is the affliction I have come to be addicted to.  So now, I do not have a choice but to materialize this. As James Cameron said in his TED talk, I am now forced to use my imagination as a force that can actually manifest a reality.

So here's the question: "Do you have a transformational hunger that won't let you rest until you bend the world to satiate it?"  If you don't, go find one.  Go out into the world and find an idea that will define you, that will change everything, that will force you into a metamorphosis.  As Socrates said at his trial for heresy "The unexamined life is not worth living."  So examine yourself, examine your life, and find a transformational hunger and satiate it.

See you on the wire

-- Steven Cardinale

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think I will need to go meditate on that and then download it and go for a run with it in my freaky new vibram five fingers. Feeling a kind of buzzy inspiration.

Anonymous said...

what happens to the transformable thought which may not be transformed ever?

Ratings by outbrain

wibiya widget