Friday, June 4, 2010

Cravings

Have you ever had a craving for some thing, some one, some place?  A burning desire that won't let you go until it is satisfied?  You know what I'm talking about.  The kind of craving that will pull you from you slumber and make you (and it does it MAKE you) rummage around the refrigerator, the closet, the computer room, the garage, the internet until you're completely satisfied.

The Police have an old song "J'aurais Tourjours Faim De Toi" which translates to "Hungry for you" (yes, I've been listening to my old Police albums lately). Their song is about a hunger for some one.  But cravings come in all shapes and sizes.  Cravings for food, for exotic locations, for common locations; cravings for games, for some one's voice or smile.  I'm not talking about just a want.  I'm talking about the kind of craving that fills your thoughts and forces you to become passionate about your actions.

I guess with my last blog post about "How Fragile We Are" still swirling in my head I'm thinking about my bucket list, how quickly it all goes, and what cravings I have on that bucket list that I MUST experience before my fragility runs out.

So here's my question: "What, Who, Where are you craving?" Think about something you've always wanted to do; something on your bucket list; and figure out how to do it ... NOW.  Not someday, or whenever you're ready, but NOW.  And now doesn't have to be tomorrow, it can be in a year once you're ready.  But NOW does have to have a date and an plan to it.  Because if it is not NOW then it is someday.  And with our fragility in the balance we all only have a few someday's.

See you on the wire

-- Steven Cardinale

No comments:

Ratings by outbrain

wibiya widget