Sunday, May 23, 2010

Women, Food and God

A friend of mine recently told me about the book "Women, Food and God" which has been exploding from the bookstores when the author Geneen Roth was featured on Oprah.

When I first heard about the book it didn't register. So I decided to read it. It's a book about food? It's a book that Oprah loved? It's a book about religion? Well it's all of these things and it's none of these things. It's a book about addiction. It's a book about awakening. It's a book about transforming your actions through your eyes.

It's a book that has so hit the mark by combining mindfulness with obsession that it will influence what I write in this blog for the next several entries. Just thought you should know why I'm doing what I'm doing. Talking through ideas in the "Women, Food and God" book is just a way to pour more verbal concrete into these ephemeral mindful ideas.

Hope having more than one place to latch onto my thoughts helps.

See you on the wire

-- Steven Cardinale

No comments:

Ratings by outbrain

wibiya widget