Saturday, March 29, 2008

Clarity of Vision

In my last post, I talked about "clarity of vision" and related that to being pure ... seeing the truth without the distortion of denial. I took this idea and walked it through with a friend and started thinking what clarity of vision really means.

And we came up with what I consider a pretty good definition:

clarity of vision - A single articulated point of view that is difficult to misinterpret

Of course since I'm in the business world, I related that to business, and basically came up with the elevator pitch -

Netflix - No late fees
Southwest - Fly instead of drive (Southwest started competing against Greyhound buses)
Amazon - The worlds biggest book store
43Things - 43 things to do before I die

All of these companies and concepts have one thing in common - A single statement that drives their entire purpose. Now executing on those statements is difficult, but nonetheless important.

So, I ask you ... what is your "clear vision" ... for you? Personally? Professionally? They are tough to find, but once you find one ... and it rings true for other people, I think you have struck gold.

See you on the wire

Steven Cardinale

No comments:

Ratings by outbrain

wibiya widget